Driving without a license in Saudi Arabia is a serious offence that can result in a number of penalties, including fines, imprisonment, and the confiscation of your vehicle.
The Penalties for Driving Without a License
The penalties for driving without a license in Saudi Arabia vary depending on the circumstances. However, the most common penalties include:
- A fine of 500 to 900 Saudi Riyals (SR)
- The confiscation of your vehicle
- Imprisonment for up to 3 months
Who Can Be Prosecuted for Driving Without a License?
Anyone who drives a vehicle in Saudi Arabia without a valid license can be prosecuted, regardless of their nationality or age. This includes tourists, expats, and Saudi citizens.
What Are the Exceptions to the Driving License Law?
There are a few exceptions to the driving license law in Saudi Arabia. For example, tourists are allowed to drive with a valid driver’s license from their home country for up to 3 months. Additionally, some expats are allowed to drive with a foreign driver’s license and an International Driving Permit (IDP).
How to Get a Driving License in Saudi Arabia
If you need to get a driving license in Saudi Arabia, you will need to follow these steps:
- Apply for a learner’s permit.
- Pass the theoretical driving test.
- Pass the practical driving test.
- Pay the application fee.
Tips for Avoiding Driving Without a License
If you are planning to drive in Saudi Arabia, it is important to make sure that you have a valid driver’s license. Here are a few tips for avoiding driving without a license:
- Check the requirements for driving in Saudi Arabia before you travel.
- Apply for a learner’s permit and start practising your driving skills.
- Take the theoretical and practical driving tests as soon as possible.
- Check the expiry date of your driver’s license and renew your license as soon as possible.
If you are applying for a learner’s permit, we highly advise you to download our Saudi driving license app and practice for free.
Driving without a license in Saudi Arabia is a serious offence that can result in a number of penalties. It is important to make sure that you have a valid driver’s license before you get behind the wheel.