Download our official App and practice on your mobile.
An end of speed limit sign is a road sign that indicates the end of a speed limit zone. These signs are typically found in areas where the speed limit has been temporarily changed, such as in construction zones or school zones.
End of Speed Limit Sign
An end of speed limit sign is a circular sign with a black circle and a diagonal black slash across a white background. The sign might also have the words “END SPEED LIMIT” printed in black letters.
Where Are End of Speed Limit Signs Found?
End of speed limit sign is typically found at the end of speed limit zones. These zones are typically marked by a speed limit sign with the speed limit in kilometres per hour (km/h) or miles per hour (mph) printed in black letters on a white background.
Importance of End of Speed Limit Signs
End of speed limit signs are important because they remind drivers that the speed limit has changed. This is important for safety, as it helps to prevent accidents.
How to Drive Past an End of Speed Limit Sign
When you see an end of the speed limit sign, it is important to obey the new speed limit. If you are driving above the speed limit, you could be pulled over by the police and issued a ticket.
Here are some tips for driving past an end of speed limit sign:
- Check the new speed limit: The new speed limit will be printed on the end of the speed limit sign.
- Slow down to the new speed limit: If you are driving above the new speed limit, slow down gradually.
- Be aware of other drivers: Other drivers may not be aware that the speed limit has changed. Be prepared to brake if necessary.
Dangers of Not Following End of Speed Limit Signs
There are a few dangers associated with not following end of speed limit signs. These include:
- Risk of Accidents: Driving above the speed limit significantly increases the likelihood of involvement in road accidents.
- Potential for Tickets: Exceeding the speed limit can lead to traffic tickets. Law enforcement officers are vigilant in monitoring speed, and getting caught can result in a ticket, which may also lead to points on your driving record.
- Possibility of Fines: Speeding can result in substantial fines. If you are caught driving above the speed limit, you could face a fine, the amount of which can vary depending on the jurisdiction and the extent to which the speed limit was exceeded.
End of speed limit signs are an important safety feature that can help to prevent accidents. By following the tips above, you can help to keep yourself and others safe on the road.