Download our official App and practice on your mobile.
Keep right signs are a type of traffic sign that tells drivers to stay on the right side of the road unless they are turning left. These signs are typically found on one-way roads, and they are important for safety, as they help to prevent traffic congestion and accidents.
Keep Right Signs
A keep right sign is a blue circle with a white arrow pointing to the right bottom. The words “KEEP RIGHT” might be printed in white letters on the sign. The sign is typically about 12 inches by 24 inches in size.
Where Are Keep Right Signs Found?
keep right signs are typically found on one-way roads, but they can also be found on some multi-lane roads. Keep right signs are often found in areas where there is a lot of traffic, such as near cities or on major highways.
Why Is Keep Right Signs Important?
keep right signs are important for safety, as they help to prevent traffic congestion and accidents. When drivers stay to the right side of the road, it allows faster-moving traffic to pass on the left. This helps to keep traffic flowing smoothly and prevents accidents caused by drivers changing lanes too often.
How to Drive on a Road with a Keep Right Sign
When you are driving on a road with a keep right sign, it is important to stay to the right side of the road unless you are turning left. If you are going to turn left, you should signal your intention and then move to the left lane as soon as it is safe to do so.
Here are some additional tips for driving on roads with keep right signs:
- Stay in the right lane unless you are turning left.
- Yield to vehicles that are approaching from behind in the right lane.
- Be aware of pedestrians and cyclists who may be using the right lane.
- Don’t tailgate.
- Use your turn signals when changing lanes.
How to Prepare for a Road with a Keep Right Sign
If you are planning on driving on a road with a keep right sign, there are a few things you can do to prepare:
- Be aware of the signs. Before you start driving, be sure to look for Keep right signs. This will help you to know where you need to stay in the right lane.
- Use your turn signals. When you are changing lanes, be sure to use your turn signals. This will help to alert other drivers of your intentions.
- Be patient. If you are driving in a slow-moving lane, be patient. Don’t try to force your way through traffic.
Dangers of Not Following Keep Right Signs
There are a few dangers associated with not following keep right signs. These include:
- Traffic congestion. When drivers stay in the left lane, it can cause traffic to back up. This can lead to delays and frustration for drivers.
- Accidents. When drivers change lanes too often, it can increase the risk of accidents. This is especially true if drivers are not paying attention or if they are not using their turn signals.
- Tickets. In some states, it is illegal to drive in the left lane unless you are passing. If you are caught driving in the left lane illegally, you could be issued a ticket.
Keeping the right sign is an important safety feature that can help to prevent traffic congestion and accidents. By following the tips above, you can help to keep yourself and others safe on roads with keep right signs.