Download our official App and practice on your mobile.
According to the Saudi Arabian traffic violation scoring system, a driver’s license will be suspended if his driving points reach (24) in a single Hijri year; If the driver scores (24) points for the first time within a Hijri year, his driving license will be suspended for a period of 03 months.
Maximum Limit of Points at Which Driver’s License Will Be Suspended in Saudi Arabia
In Saudi Arabia, drivers are assigned points for traffic violations. If a driver accumulates a certain number of points, their license may be suspended. The maximum limit of points at which a driver’s license will be suspended in Saudi Arabia is 24.
Traffic Violations that Can Lead to Points Being Added to Your License
There are many different traffic violations that can lead to points being added to your license in Saudi Arabia. Some of the most common violations include:
- Speeding: Speeding is one of the most common traffic violations in Saudi Arabia. Drivers who are caught speeding may be assigned 3 to 8 points.
- Driving under the influence (DUI): DUI is a serious traffic violation in Saudi Arabia. Drivers who are caught driving under the influence may be assigned 24 points.
- Reckless driving: Reckless driving is any driving behaviour that is considered to be dangerous or irresponsible. Drivers who are caught reckless driving may be assigned 12 to 24 points.
- Not wearing a seatbelt: Not wearing a seatbelt is a serious traffic violation in Saudi Arabia. Drivers who are caught not wearing a seatbelt may be assigned 4 points.
- Using a mobile phone while driving: Using a mobile phone while driving is a serious traffic violation in Saudi Arabia. Drivers who are caught using a mobile phone while driving may be assigned 4 points.
What Happens When Your License is Suspended?
If your license is suspended, you will not be able to drive in Saudi Arabia. You will also have to pay a fine. The length of time that your license is suspended will depend on the number of points you have accumulated.
How to Avoid Having Your License Suspended
The best way to avoid having your license suspended is to obey traffic laws. If you do get a traffic violation, be sure to pay the fine and try not to get any more violations in the future.
The maximum limit of points at which a driver’s license will be suspended in Saudi Arabia is 24. Drivers should be aware of the traffic violations that can lead to points being added to their licenses and take steps to avoid accumulating too many points. By obeying traffic laws, drivers can help to keep themselves and others safe on the roads.