Download our official App and practice on your mobile.
Planning Ahead: Choosing the Adequate Road
Before setting off on any journey within an urban zone, it’s crucial to plan your route ahead of time. Here’s why:
- Avoiding Traffic Congestion: Urban areas often face heavy traffic during peak hours. By planning your route, you can select roads that are less congested, ensuring a smoother journey.
- Saving Time: Knowing your route helps save time and reduces the chances of getting lost in busy city streets.
- Enhancing Safety: Planning allows you to choose routes that are safer, for instance, by avoiding construction zones or areas known for heavy pedestrian traffic.
Staying Alert: Anticipating Unexpected Situations
Even with the best planning, driving in urban areas can still present unexpected situations. Here’s how being alert makes a difference:
- Pedestrians and Cyclists: Urban zones are often bustling with pedestrians and cyclists. Being alert helps you to react promptly, ensuring their safety and yours.
- Sudden Stops: City driving often involves frequent stops due to traffic lights, crosswalks, or congestion. Staying alert allows you to react quickly to sudden stops, reducing the risk of rear-end collisions.
- Unpredictable Events: From emergency vehicles rushing by to unexpected road closures, urban driving can be full of surprises. Maintaining alertness helps you navigate these situations safely.