Download our official App and practice on your mobile.
Speed Dodging Among Vehicles Logs 8 Points in Saudi Arabia
In Saudi Arabia, speed dodging among vehicles is a serious traffic violation that can result in a number of penalties, including 8 logged points on your driver’s license.
What is Speed Dodging?
Speed dodging is a manoeuvre in which a driver speeds up to pass another vehicle in a dangerous or reckless manner. This can include weaving in and out of traffic, tailgating, or passing on the shoulder.
Why is Speed Dodging Dangerous?
Speed dodging is dangerous because it can lead to accidents. When drivers speed up to pass another vehicle, they often do not have enough time to react to changes in traffic. This can lead to collisions, which can result in serious injuries or death.
What are the Penalties for Speed Dodging in Saudi Arabia?
The penalties for speed dodging in Saudi Arabia can vary depending on the severity of the offence. However, in general, speed dodging can result in the following penalties:
- A fine of up to SAR 3,000
- The suspension of your driver’s license for up to 30 days
- Imprisonment for up to 3 months
How Can You Avoid Speed Dodging?
There are a few things you can do to avoid speed dodging:
- Be patient and allow other drivers to pass you.
- Do not tailgate other vehicles.
- Pass other vehicles only when it is safe to do so.
- Be aware of your surroundings and be prepared to brake or take evasive action if necessary.
Speed dodging is a serious traffic violation that can have serious consequences. By following the tips above, you can help to avoid speed dodging and keep yourself and others safe on the road.